Download latest MusicPlayer for MacOSX. Doesn't work? I really want to help you to make it work, so please write me a mail to email@example.com. If you are on MacOSX 10.6, you can also try this download which was tested to support MacOSX 10.6. Read here about MacOSX 10.6 compatibility. There are no binary packages for older MacOSX versions but you might be able to compile it yourself.
This music player is supposed to be simple and all centered around an infinite intelligent queue (some other players call this PartyShuffle or DJ mode). You can manually add songs to it - but if you don't or the queue gets too short, it will automatically intelligently fill it with further songs.
If you wonder about what is supposed to be a music player or what makes a music player different from a simple media player, read this: What is a music player
The code is highly modular. Most systems are optional. Also the GUI is an optional module. The music player can also run headless. Read more about technical internals.
The intelligent queue decision currently is based on:
- song ratings
- context-based choices, e.g. related songs more likely
Other features of this player:
- open source, simplified BSD license
- support of most important sound formats. just uses FFmpeg
- simple music database
- audio volume normalization. own ReplayGain implementation
- gapless playback
- Last.fm scrobbling
- AcoustID fingerprint / MusicBrainz integration
- imports iTunes song ratings
- MPD backend
Annoyed by all existing players because some subset of:
- not open source
- missing sound format (FLAC, Ogg, ...)
- missing output possibility (RAOP, PulseAudio, ...)
- no or too limited DJ mode
- no library / database
- not running well on my platform of choice
TODO / possible additional missing features:
- BPM determination and clever DJ-like fading
- use tags given by Last.fm (mostly more tags)
- watch music directory for changes (e.g. new files added)
- PyQt GUI interface
The current GUI is Cocoa only. Additional Qt support is planned. The music player also works without any GUI.